Classes may be viewed by going to class registration.
Click on any class to see class descrition, cost and teacher bio.
Check out our calendar in the upper menu to see what events we have coming up!
Registration is open for the 2023/2024 school year!
Our school year begins September 7, with an orientation meeting starting at 7:30am
Welcome to PTC
Parent Teacher Co-op (PTC) is a 501c (3) home school tutoring organization run by parent volunteers. We employ and train loving, qualified teachers to assist parents in teaching their students to be well- educated world changers. PTC meets on Thursdays at Banner of Christ Church, 1111 68th SW, Byron Center, MI 49315.
The school year is 34 weeks beginning September 7, 2023 ending May 16, 2024.
- Classes meet on Thursdays.
- Cost for most one and a half hour classes is $350, the two hour classes are $410. Some classes have copy and material fees added to the class cost. There is no refund for dropping a class after August 1st. Registration fee per family is $70 before May 20th. After May 20th it is $90. If using paypal please add $3 to the registration to cover fees.
Payments are made in six equal payments to the tutor directly
August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, February 1st and March 1st. We do not accept public partnership money.
- The PTC is a co-op. All families are required to volunteer at least four times throughout the year (exact amounts will be determined by the number of families taking classes).
- All classes (5th-12th grades) require 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours of homework per day.
- All of our tutors are Christians. Each teaches from a biblical principle and a Biblical Worldview using the Principle Approach.
- Parent Teacher Co-op is held at Banner of Christ Church at 1111 68th St SW, just west of 131 expressway.
Classes for 2023/24
1st-4th Art, 1st-4th Music and Recorder, 1st-4th Astronomy and Early Modern History, 4th-6th Spelling, Music and Drama (Second Semester Only)
5th-8th Intermediate Art, 4th-6th Spelling, Ancient History, English, Science, Music and Drama (Second Semester Only),
5th-8th Intermediate Art, Earth Science, English, Life Science, Medieval History, 8th-9th Writing and Literature, Girls' Fitness, Music and Drama (Second Semester Only), Pre-Algebra,
8th-9th Writing and Literature, Algebra I, Algebra II, American Literature, American Sign Language I, American Sign Language II, Anatomy and Physiology, Ancient Civilizations Through Old Testament Survey, Apologetics, Biology, Chemistry, Consumer Math, Drawing, Economics (Second Semester Only), English I, English II, Geometry, Government (First Semester Only), Home and Office Computing, Interperetive Speech (Second Semester Only), Music and Drama (Second Semester Only) Physical Science, Physics, Spanish I, Spanish II, Speech (First Semester Only), World History
The Parent Teacher Co-op uses the Principle Approach method of teaching. Every class of every subject is researched Biblically and with Webster's 1828 dictionary. Each class will learn how to research and will require; a notebook, a signed constitution, a syllabus, and projects. For more information go to https://face.net/
Classes articulating to Davenport University
The Parent Teacher Co-op is a home school tutoring organization whose mission is to come alongside parents to raise up a generation of well-educated warriors for Christ. We offer classes with academic excellence along with an environment that fosters relationships.